I'm Getting Ready

Earlier today I was listening to a track I'd not heard before on Dave Simpson's CrossRhythms radio show. My daughter was with me in the car as we listened and we both agreed that the voice was extraordinary.

Then there was a section of rapping, and my daughter said - 'that sounds just like Nicky Minaj.' I promised I would look up the artists and find out who they were.

It turned out to be a song called I'm Getting Ready, performed by Tasha Cobbs Leonard, a gospel soul singer from Atlanta, Georgia. And yes, my daughter was correct - the rap artist featuring on the track is none other than Nicky Minaj.

I'm Getting Ready deserves a lot of mainstream airplay if it hasn't already begun to break through. It's an incredible soul song. It was recorded live with plenty of atmosphere from the audience, and it's taken from Tasha's new album Heart, Passion, Pursuit.

Check out this amazing track on the YouTube channel below:



Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons

Creative Commons License
I'm Getting Ready by Steve Wheeler was written in Plymouth, England and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Jesus was a punk'

Pioneers of CCM: Parchment

Dartmoor prison blues